7 Reasons You Can’t Lose Those Last 20
Last year you told me the same story. I remember you telling me that this was going to be the year!
Every New Years Day you say that this is going to be the year you finally let go of those relentless 20 pounds that love to hang around with you.
How can I say this gently? Hmmm… I can’t.
So let me be real with you here and suggest that besides being an amazing rockin’ being, you are an amazing rockin’ storyteller. You could win awards for your stories.
There I said it. And yes you are.
You are so good at your own stories that you actually believe them. Now that can be good or that can be bad. It all depends on if the story you tell yourself makes you feel good or makes you feel bad.
If you are using any of these 7 story lines, it may be the reason why you CAN’T get what you want.
1. You are fully vested in your self sabotaging saga. You say things like, “I DON’T HAVE THAT EXTRA TIME TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET WHAT I WANT”
2. It’s comfy cozy to have the same problem to wake up to every morning. You say things like, “WHEN I LOOSE THIS EXTRA WEIGHT, I’LL BE START TO LOOK FOR THAT NEW JOB AND RELATIONSHIP”.
3. Your old story is a great standby and is willing to take all the blame. You say things like, “WHEN I LOOK AND FEEL BETTER, I’LL START TO LOOK FOR A DATE”.
4. You’re into beating… yourself up and you love to feel bad. You say things like, ” IT’S MY AGE. THE WHOLE MENOPAUSE THING HAS ME STUCK HERE AND NOTHING I DO SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME…
5. You don’t want to upset your “fat” friends. You say things like, ” I DON’T WANT TO MAKE ANYONE ELSE FEEL BAD ABOUT THEMSELVES SO I’LL STAY STUCK WITH THEM”.
6. You are a great story teller and not sure what else you’d have to talk about? You CONSTANTLY remind yourself of all the things you do wrong. So you feel like the “biggest loser” but you can’t lose any weight.
7. You’re terrified of the that rockin’ healthy, sexy, confident version of yourself. You won’t even go here because you don’t even think it’s possible.
The moral of this story is that the story you create is the way you live your life. When you tell me that you CAN’T, then I will tell you that you are absolutely right! It comes down to what you believe. What you believe is your life. Are you willing to change your thoughts and step into the amazing life that is yours for the asking?
I believe I CAN do, be or have anything. I believe that you CAN too…
You don’t have to do this alone and having support really helps. Check out this opportunity to get all the tools you need for rewriting this crazy-ass silly story that is keeping you stuck or even worse, keeping you “just okay”.
What is that one thing that you really want to change ? And what if? What if it actually were possible? How would that feel?