What Is It Wednesday 3. Deception.

What is it Wednesday 3 is the day we reveal a product and its ingredient list and you guess what this “food product” is. Then I’ll share with you an option for making a healthy version of this product which is the best part of this series because YOU DO HAVE AWESOME OPTIONS without sacrifice or deprivation.


Guess what “food product” has these 10 ingredients ?

  1. whole grain wheat flour
  2. soybean oil
  3. sugar
  4. cornstarch
  5. malt syrup
  6. salt
  7. refiners syrup
  8. leavening
  9. vegetable color
  10. BHT added to packaging material to preserve freshness.

What Is It Wednesday The deceiving part of this packaging is the suggestion that whole grain flour is WHOLE GRAINS.

Hold on.

It is not simple to decipher what exactly is meant by “100% whole grains” stamped on a cracker box that has other ingredients added to it. Which indicates that it is not 100% whole grain like brown rice, steel cut oats, barley, amaranth, farro, and millet. 

WHEW!   You really have no guarantee whether a food product is whole or refined grain, so be forewarned before you shove a box in your cart or worse into your mouth. The Whole Grain Council has come up with a stamp system that is so confusing, you need to be a statistical math major and even then,  good luck trying to figure it out what they mean on that box. There are many loop holes left for the manufacturers to weasel around. 

For example, the FDA allows for manufacturers to claim that their product is “whole grain” if only 51% of the grain contained in the product is whole. W HA T ?  The other 49% can be bleached, refined, processed or enriched or other. So there you have it.

BE forewarned. Add to that, the issue of how many crackers would you really need to eat in a day in order to get the amount of whole grains the government recommends you eat. You’d be eating a lot of crackers.  Read more here from the WholeGrainsCouncil.org

The bottom line is this. BEWARE of pretty packaged products that promise you phony propaganda.

So what do you do if you still want crackers? 

What Is It Wednesday WHAT CAN YOU EAT INSTEAD?  

Get in the kitchen and make your own. 

What Is It Wednesday

I promise it doesn’t take that much time. And it is actually a lot of fun. You can freeze your creations and keep them for a few months. They are yummy, satisfying and naked.  And you can rest assured that you are getting the whole grain without having to eat a whole box of the store bought kind. You’ll feel better, look better and your body will thank you!

You can do so much better with a few simple ingredients as in this SIMPLE EASY HOMEMADE NAKED CRACKER that calls for REAL NAKED food in it’s ingredients. Now you can be sure what you are getting. What Is It Wednesday
















CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE EASY NAKED YUMMY CRUNCHY GOOD FOR YOU CRACKER   While you’re in the kitchen, you can quickly whip together some Avocado Creme to dip those yummy crackers in. Watch how easy it is to make  in this video below.


What Is It Wednesday


 REMEMBER! Just because it’s in a box, on a shelf, in a grocery store, does NOT make it fit to eat.– Rosie Battista

If you like this weekly series of  WHAT’S IN IT WEDNESDAY, please comment about your discovery below. If you missed previous the weeks reveal, check out the links below and continue to enhance your knowledge about what you are putting into your precious body. Week One – This is a beverage  Week Two – This is a snack treat.  If you’d like more kitchen skills and cooking confidence, join me, over at iCookNaked.com . It’s loaded with FREE yummy how to cook naked video. Go ahead and step into my kitchen so you can create health in yours. What Is It Wednesday

Have fun creating, concocting and cooking food that makes you feel good in your body and about your body. Remember, you have one very precious body. It wants to be and feel well.



What Is It Wednesday

Related Articles


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *